Monday, January 24, 2011

Daddies Make The World Go 'Round

The day care called around 12:30 to say that Little Sister had a fever and didn't feel good.  It wasn't a very flexible day for me so luckily her Daddy was able to pick her up and get her to the Dr.  If you know DG, you know that her absolute favorite person on the planet is...her Daddy.  She just can't get enough of the guy.  (And, I can understand why. ;-)  If she feels bad, trust me, she wants her Daddy.  Lucky for her, it worked out in her favor today. 

Fortunately, she tested negative for everything.  (Gee, that's a first this winter for The Booth House of Infestation!)  Seems she just has a good old-fashioned cold. 


Little Sister and her Daddy


By the time I got home from work, she was already feeling better.  (Not quite as good as the above bike riding picture, but still, feeling better.)  Nothing like a little quality time with your Daddy to make everything better! 

Speaking a quality time with Daddy, I'm looking forward to my Friday night date with my Dad.  He called last week to ask me to come home to go to a wine tasting with him.  I'm pretty excited.  My Mom's been gone seven weeks and he's doing amazingly well adjusting to his new life.  He's filled his social calendar, is taking up piano lessons, upped his tap-dancing lessons from once to twice a week (yeah, you heard that right, he's a senior tapper ;-), and he's starting to look at new houses. 

Today, I'm just appreciating great Daddies...mine, and the one I married that will watch my children so that I can go and be my Daddy's little girl for a night. 

Yellowstone 5/25/10

6 comments:

  1. I agree...Daddy in our house is definately the go to guy for C. Hope your little one is feeling better!!! I wish I lived closer to my Dad so we could go out to dinner. So special. Hope you had a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pic of you and your dad. He is a very special man. As is JB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW, that is an awesome picture of you and your daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pic of you & your Dad. So sweet! And glad to hear he's doing well considering all that he's been through. Enjoy your evening together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the picture of you and your dad! I want to hear all about date night :)

    ReplyDelete