Monday, March 28, 2011

A Wreath is Just a Wreath

My bff loves having beautiful wreaths on her front doors.  Every season, she makes something that is simply stunning to adore her double front doors. 

And, every season, I think..."Man, I really should hang something on my front door"..."I can so do that"...and "Boy, that shore is purdy!"  But then something else catches my fancy and that thought bounces out of my mind almost as quickly as it bounced in.  (I'm usually simply too busy with my hobby-of-the-month to think very long about anything, especially something simple like my front door.)

I'm also too cheap and too lazy.  See, I like a wreath on the front door as much as the next person; however, I refuse to store a wreath that has been out in the weather, on the door, for a season so I won't spend a lot of money since I know I'm only going to keep it for a few months.  I'm not gonna spend $$ because I'm not gonna take something off my door, clean it and store it until next year and put it back out...I'm just not.  (Weird, I know, but that's me!)   

So anyway...today...tonight...was wreath effort night.  My budget...$10.00...and 1 1/2 glasses of wine worth of time...



I'm happy with the effort...and the price (under budget on both fronts)...but I may add some burlap rosettes tomorrow. 



However...if I'm suddenly distracted...

and overwhelmed.....

and feel the need to whip-out a couple dozen cupcakes...

I'm sure you'll understand...

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love it! And have been enjoying your pictures and your musings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Will you make me one because I NEVER get the craft stuff finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOO, VERY NIFTY!!!

    ReplyDelete