Sickness continues to plague this house! The hubby was sick yesterday and stayed home today as well. The craziness started with me last night about 8:00. I was literally up all night. This virus is the worst my family has ever experienced. Little Sister isn't showing any signs of coming down with it. Thank the Lord!!
When I decided to blog again, I wanted it to try and focus on taking better pictures. I've been playing with this photography hobby for a couple of years now and I haven't made the kind of progress that I'd like. Honestly, I don't really put as much into it as I should. So, that is changing this year!
These are a couple of shots in my kitchen where I am working on focus.
The focus above is on the salt and the focus below is on the soup. Notice the difference?
OK...and the fancy-smancy pot was a gift from my dad this Christmas. I must say that it is one of my favorite things. I know there are several different brands, and they can be rather spendy, but I think every kitchen needs at least one enamel cast iron pot. They are SO awesome for soups and sauces. Get ya one!

Yep, I can see the difference...nice focus :o) And I LOVE that pot. LOVE. I want one.
ReplyDeleteMy shots are out of focus on the object I'm aiming for at least 25% of the time. I'm working on it too, but haven't figured out "the trick". Nice Pot. Nice soup. I have neither on my stove. Hope the little one skips the virus! Hope you all feel better soon!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm all about my cast iron post. Works awesome in the oven as well.
ReplyDeleteWe welcome FEDEX packages of soup :-)
I love the cast iron pot - have that same one, think!
ReplyDeleteThe focal point shots are great! I think I like the salt one best. :)
i like the salt one best too! And I want one of those pots :)
ReplyDeleteHey, you could expand your posts by telling us what tricks you're learning as you're playing with focus and such. Teach me!
I totally see the difference!! TEACH ME! But after that crud is gone from your house, not having any of that!!!
ReplyDelete