I must confess, I sometimes carry a lot of guilt about the shape of my home. It is never as clean or as organized as I'd like. While I do love my job and working to support my family, I do sometimes feel shame over how little I do to keep my house up. It is really ridiculous...how much time I spend being unhappy about this (perfectly lovely) house that I live in. We're not hoarders and there's not junk all over my floors (OK, well maybe my closet floor), but I constantly feel like it (my home) just isn't good enough. It is almost paralyzing sometimes...I'm afraid someone will ring my doorbell and there will be dishes in the sink. (Doesn't help that everyone I know keeps a perfect.house. Oh...the pressure!!!) Seriously, it is a big (BIG) dysfunction.
Another dysfunction that I claim is reading blogs. (Like an incredible, ridiculous number of blogs...every day!) I mean, I read (skim) 100's of blogs a day. My reader account is a good mix of old adoption friends (most who rarely post anymore :(, photography, travel, photoshop, crafting, home decor, furniture refinishing, parenting, and inspiration...... You name it, if it is blogged, I read a little about it. Lately, I've been reading a lot of home decor and crafting blogs. And, of course, reading about and seeing perfect pictures of beautiful, organized homes makes me feel worse and even more inadequate.
But today...today, I stumbled upon the most perfect link. Today, my two big dysfunctions collided in the most perfect, most uplifting and calming manner. ;-) And, I absolutely have to share it!
I haven't felt this good about my house or my messes, in a long, long time!
While I didn't have the photos to participate in this link party, I totally and completely support this real life link to how us normal folk live.
Enjoy!
13 years ago



Oh my friend, a wise woman told me that it is better to spend time with your family than to spend time worrying about the house. Just try to make it sanitary so you all don't get sick or lice :) but enjoy your family and don't worry about the tiny messes. I am sure your house is fine.
ReplyDeleteExactly what Kim said, you're kids won't remember if the house was shiny. They will remember all the fun stuff you did with them. As I get older I try not to let the clutter drive me nuts. I figure clutter = kid and since we waited so long to finally have a kid I'll worry about a clean house later in life.
ReplyDeleteAs a kid we weren't allowed to do anything on Saturday mornings because it was cleaning day. Sadly those are some of my childhood memories.