Monday, January 3, 2011

One of "Those" Days

This agreeing to blog, which really for me is more of agreeing to take a picture everyday, is a lot harder than I thought it was gonna be.  First, I'm committed to learning my camera and using the natural light and there is NO natural light at 6:00 p.m. this time of year!!  (My white balance is off in these shots, but I don't have time to fix it....perhaps another day.)  Second, and probably most importantly for those of you that are along for the ride, I really don't have that much to say.  (Really.  I mean, Seriously!)

So...back to the pictures.  I was watching DG play in her room this evening.  Besides the 6 year-old, hand-me-down Game boy that she pretends to master, one of her favorite toys is a Dora doll that she got for Christmas.  Not just any old Dora doll, but a crazy singing, dancing, semi-possessed Dora doll.


(By the way, her hair didn't even look that good in the box!)

Anyway, no one in this house besides Little Sister can stand this silly Dora doll.  (Oops, I mean, thank you cousin Emily!  What a thoughtful present!  We love you!) 

She looks like this most of the time....



(You know, actually the hair is pretty close to DoriGrace most days.  Perhaps that is why they are kindred spirits?)

Anyway...tonight the boy said, "I don't know, Mom, there's just something really "OFF" about that doll. I mean, I'm just sayin'."  (Yeah, he's my kid, and yeah, he really does talk that way. It is an "apple-tree" issue.  He didn't fall too far. ;-)

Anyway, my boy is pretty smart...and he got me thinkin'....and lookin' a little closer at the "OFF" doll.

And....


There is a certain likeness....


I'm just sayin'...I think I'll need a sleeping pill tonight.

Goodnight my "Pretties!"

4 comments:

  1. Sophie Le got that same doll for Christmas...drive me crazy! I totally agree with your comparison. Sophie Le LOVES Dora to the same degree I dislike her. LOVE that you are posting pics everyday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:03 AM

    That is hilarious! I think most dolls are a little creepy looking. And Dora's feet look very out of proportion to the rest of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHHA Love the crazy Dora hair. That first pic of Dori Grace is great. Maybe when you learn your camera you can come teach me about mine. It is fancy and I don't really know how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phoebe wanted that Dora doll and I convinced the Grandmas not to buy it. I'm a horrible mother!

    ReplyDelete