Sunday, January 16, 2011

Outgrowing a Color

When we built this house (7 years ago), we didn't give much thought to what our "style" was.  JB and I had acquired a few nice things over the years, but we were (and probably still are) very hodgepodge.  We basically had a lot of Oriental items from our three years in Japan that we were trying to work into something.  When it came time to pick our overall interior color, I picked a popular color which my BFF had in her home.  I loved the color!  (Sherwin Williams Blonde)  It's a great color.  And, it was perfect with the gold, red, green, black stuff that I wanted to have going on. 

Well, fast-forward these seven years and I feel like a totally different person.  I've spent too much time on the Internet looking at lovely neutral interiors.  I want to paint every room and slipcover all my furniture!

Plus, the goldish/yellow hue that reflects off the walls makes skin tones on interior pictures just too crazy.  (One of these days I'll figure that out.)  Wonder how they'll look when I paint the whole house gray?  LOL!

50 mm 2.5 1/200 iso 500 

I'm just sayin'...I want to paint my entire house!!  ENTIRE!!  (Yes dear...I realize there are 14 ft. ceilings. ;-)
Now, having said all that...I'm ALWAYS big on plans and short on follow-through.  LOL.  One blog that I LOVE had a House Goals post last week.  Perhaps if I put them out here, it will actually get done!?

One thing that I absolutely HAVE to do is THIS! And, Oh my, I love THIS!  Oh, I could go on and on and on!  Ain't the Internet grand?!



1 comment:

  1. I love this pic. You can see how much DG loves her brother.

    ReplyDelete