We started the day with homemade biscuits and gravy.
That was followed up with homemade sausage and mushroom pizza.
In the afternoon I made the most wonderful peanut butter cupcakes with chocolate frosting. (By the way, I am so excited about checking that site out a little further!)
It was bitter, bitter cold. Most the of day the wind was blowing the snow and it was too cold for the kids to go outside. But, we did go out for a few minutes, just before the sun went down.
WB could stay out forever!
Little Sister, not so much.
This truly is the storm of the century. My work is closed AGAIN! Haven't had a weather day in 18 years, and now I get two in a row!!
Beef stew on the stove and cornbread in the oven.
I gained 10 lbs today. I gotta go back to work soon or my clothes will no longer fit!!
Oh, and the ice cream maker will begin turning in about 30 minutes...help!




Enjoy your second snow day. Now I'm off to check out this cooking website. Those cupcakes sound yummy!!
ReplyDeleteHow's that boot camp going, Miss Leigh? LOL! Stay warm and safe!
ReplyDeleteWonderful pictures! Just beautiful. I love to look at the snow! Now, I've always said it's a good thing I don't live in Alaska...I'd be as big as a house. Cold weather does make me want to cook & eat too!!! Don't worry...it's supposed to be that way! Enjoy your 2nd day off!!!
ReplyDelete