And yes, the frosting does leave a little to be desired. It's a learning process people!
Here are my lessons for this week:
I love, love, love this chocolate sugar cookie. They don't spread at all. Great texture, great flavor...still searching for the regular counter part. (Julie, I'll try Martha's this week.)
I've also decided that I hate, hate, hate royal icing. I don't like the way it performs and I can't stand the taste. Enter, my new favorite frosting:
1 lb powdered sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/2 tsp Almond extract
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/2 tsp Almond extract
approx 1/4 cup water
I can make it thick enough to pipe! My mom used to make the same recipe with milk but she never piped it. I think the water actually works better. It still hardens and you don't have to worry about the milk sitting out.
I've decide to hold off on ordering the fancy baking mats. I have good cookie sheets and I'm really happy with my parchment methods.
In case you are interested in getting sucked into this cookie obsession, here's some internet inspiration:
And finally, because we never take pictures together and are trying to work on that,
and because he's gone an let me alone with my monsters for the week,
and because I kinda miss him...
here's a new picture of me and my "old ball and chain."
photograph courtesy of my boy.




Well now you just screwed up my week. Have to try the chocolate cookie with the icing you posted above.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to have to run a marathon everyday on the treadmill if you keep this up :-)
Julie, Julie, Julie...I love that you love a good cookie too! Martha's are setting up in the fridge right now. Dough is dry, but I am hopeful...
ReplyDeleteI love a good cookie, too, but there's no way I'm going to lose that weight if you don't stop with the temptation! Behave yourself, Leigh Booth!
ReplyDelete