Saturday, March 19, 2011

More Cookies, More Kids and Lots of Pops!

I'm well into decorating recipe #8 on my perfect sugar cookie quest.  My friend, and faithful reader Julie, has had loads of valuable advise and input...and yet the quest continues!  Those closest to me are seriously tired of hearing about, seeing and being forced to consume these things.  (JB told me he was going to Boston for a week of Army duty...I'm starting to think he was trying to escape my cookies in an effort to save his beach-prep diet!)  At any rate, I've ordered some new items from King Arthur (my new favorite on-line resource) and giving cookies a break this week.  ;-)

Enough of the cookies already!!  How COMPLETELY unusual for me to have a hobby for more than 2 weeks!!  I'm sensing it is time to more on....


My Smart Sister was here for a visit with her boys for Spring Break.  My kids had a blast with their cousins, although you probably wouldn't have gathered that from the quantity of tattling and time-outs that we endured. 

We needed entertainment...



so we took a little road trip to Pops out on old Route 66 for burgers and soda. 

Being self-absorbed and generally out of tune with life around us, Smart Sister and I didn't even realize it was St. Patty's day and Spring Break for all of Central Oklahoma and thus weren't prepared to share our special experience with the masses. 

Every kind of 'pop' known to man!


Love, love, love all the bottles lined up against the windows.
Sissy always tried to pick them up.  Thank the Lord they are ready for types like her and have all the display bottles firmly glued down.  LOL!

Kids drinking 'pop' while we wait for our table. 

Our kids really wanted to be there and were SO well-behaved for our 2 hour wait.  Thank Goodness!! (But care to guess what Sissy's white shirt looked like after that big grape soda??) 

Noticeably absent from the pictures...food.  By the time the burgers arrived, Mama simply didn't have the strength to snap a picture.  But, I just gotta say, if you are ever passing through...you gotta go to Pop's.  (And get the Oklahoma City burger!  Jack cheese, green chilies and avocado...Bomb Diggety!!  FO REAL!!)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:29 PM

    I grew up in Norman and have never been to Pop's! I see a weekend visit in my future, I think! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE pops!!! the blue cream soda, the wild strawberry one you had in your picture, so many flavors!!! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's my kind of place. Reminds me of places my grandparents used to take me as a kid.

    You should try the cake pops again. Now that I figured out the stupid candy they aren't that hard. Just time consuming.

    ReplyDelete