Anyway, before she moved away, I use to walk every night with The Best Neighbor Ever. We'd stroll surrounding areas and on our regular route, we'd pass The House. And every night I'd tell BNE, "If that house ever goes on the market, I am SO buying it!" She was polite and she loves me, so she listened to me babble on about The flippin' House.
One night, we actually ran into the lady that lived there and I boldly told her..."If you ever sell your house, I'm buying it." She said they were never moving, she looked at me like I was "somewhat off", and then she smiled and just started walking faster in the opposite direction. (Whatever...it's not like she caught me looking in her windows!! Which may, or may not have happened. ;-)
I'd never been inside, but the exterior and the lot and location just seemed to call to me.

Well, imagine my shock when I drove by last week on the way home from dropping JB off at the airport, and I saw a "For Sale" sign in the yard. OMG!! I needed to call my realtor immediately!
Now, there are those that would say that I should wait until my husband returned and make an appointment to view The House. However, those are folks that don't know me well and don't fully understand the beauty of an unlimited Power of Attorney. LOL. (Let's just say, if I had written a contract on The House, it wouldn't be the first house that I'd purchased while JB was out of town. ;-)
BUT...my Smart Sister was coming to town and I could drag her to go see The House. So, as soon as she arrived, I
It wasn't enough that I drug her to see The House. I then obsessed...and obsessed...and obsessed (even more) about The House. I forced her to withstand all kinds of random thoughts and conversation interruptions about it. For example, she'd be mid-sentence, talking about something interesting and important, like World Peace or the Price of Tea in China or something and I'd just blurt out, "Oh, and I could so totally have another oven put in that kitchen, you know, where the microwave currently is..." She endured, and she never once told me to "Shut up about the frickin' HOUSE already!" Seriously!
And then her husband showed up and I made her go through it all again while I told him every detail...at least twice. Man, she must love me or something. (Take note...she is the Smart Sister!!)
While there are lots of cosmetic, paint and color things I would change. I love the layout, love the location, love, love, love The House. But sadly, there are issues (which have been corrected) that make me a little scared and make this house less than desirable for my family. ;-(
OH.....the disappointment.....I'm trying to move on....
I'm working on figuring out how to sleep without dreams of the perfect pool in that wonderful backyard . ;-(

I don't think sugar cookies are gonna see me through this one.
This may call for cupcakes...


No comments:
Post a Comment