Thursday, March 3, 2011

One Day Soon...

So....cookies.

The latest item to capture my attention.  And, we've already established that my attention span is painfully short, especially as it relates to hobbies and projects.  In fact, I generally lose interest as soon as all the money is spent.  As soon as I gather the supplies, make the plan, watch the you tube videos and figured out how to do something...I've usually moved on to something else. 

Enter...cookies.

I've scoured the internet and found that the "pros" that share their story seem to prefer this recipe (or one that is really, really close) and royal icing.  The internet is filled with inspiring folks that make you just want to fill a pastry bag and start squirting!

So...cookies...my cookies... 

One day (soon) I shall find this picture terribly, terribly embarrassing



but today, I'm pretty proud of this first effort.

One day soon, I'll want to go back and delete this picture because I will have made and decorated dozens and dozens and dozens of cookies, and I'll be really good at it and they'll be really pretty....

or, I will have moved on to underwater basket-weaving.  (After all, it is getting warmer....)

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job. Royal Icing is not easy to work with. Keep at it.

    Now how about some recipes with that yummy marinara sauce. These baking posts are going to cause me to gain weight :-)

    ReplyDelete