So, perhaps the goal of 2 completed slipcovers in one weekend as a little ambitious. These suckers are a little harder than they look!
I came home last night on a mission. Two new chairs ($20 each..Woo Hoo!) that I wanted to slipcover this weekend. I've tried this once before...a wing back in my Mom's bedroom that she loved (and I saw every mistake ;-). I've since learned that wing backs are hard and you shouldn't start with them. LOL. I've been wanted to try something a little easier. I've been reading lots on the internet about how you are really supposed to make them (seriously...my way isn't the best??). And, I've just been waiting for a good couple of cheap chairs to practice on.
I tried to post a picture of them last night before I got started but my text and picture are somewhere lost in cyberspace.
Bought the fabric on sale two weeks ago. Just plain old cotton duck...it looks white but it is really more like a painter's drop cloth. It is the perfect material...just peel them off and throw them in the wash...plus they actually look better with each wash. If I can get these figured out, that monster black and white sectional is next and I'm getting this house made over!! Good bye Blonde!!!
Here's a taste of how it's going....
13 years ago

Cool! Can you do a couple for me :o) Where did you find $20 chairs?
ReplyDeleteI found the chairs on Craigslist. I find stuff and then I send JB to go do the deals.
ReplyDeleteYou sew all those kid's clothes....you'd be better at this than me!