Friday, January 14, 2011

How Fast They Grow...

It's ridiculous really...how fast they grow.

Well, let's clarify that.  In Little Sister's case, it really isn't a matter of "growing", but rather maturing.  See, she's been the same size for the last 18 months.  I'm often struck by how mature her mouth is (LOL) and how tiny her body is.  And while I don't offer a recording of her mature mouth, today's photo op reminded me of just how teeny-tiny my little love-bug is.....

She still sits comfortably under the kitchen cabinets.


50 mm 1.4 125 400 iso
Well....

...almost comfortably!


Did I mention how dramatic that mature mouth is?

________________

My camera settings were the same on all these pictures but you may notice some slight color and sharpness variations.  I'm playing around with different methods of sizing and saving for the web.  It makes me crazy that they look so different, but it's a learning process right?  And better to post than not to post because I was wanting perfection.  (I'd NEVER complete a blog!  ;-)

I am gathering several photography resources and this weekend I'll start providing some links to sites that have/are helping me learn to shoot manually.  Rather than try to offer direction...since I don't fully know what I am doing.  LOL.  I can tell you that picking up the camera everyday, even just for 5-10 shots is helping me SO much!  Also, reading your manual so that you understand what your camera can do and how it does it.  That's pretty important too.

I will also say that the book that was recommended (constantly) was Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson.  It's a pretty insightful book with some awesome photos!  While I understood the concepts, I did have to read a couple of the chapters several times so that they sunk in.  (And, remember, I can't win an elementary school Geography Bee, but I ain't a dull blade either.  ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of Little Sister. And VERY excited about links and resources and such :) I've been looking for a class and think I'm heading to Kansas City in February. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the smaller they are the mouther they are. And does DG climb up the cabinets? Bennett does it all the time and it drives me NUTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for picture of your Vietnamese beauty!

    ReplyDelete