OK, I admit it...I've always been a rather "brand conscious" buyer, especially when it comes to food. I know the world is full of perfectly healthy children that were fed generic cereal. I know Sam has come a long way in the variety and quality of food he includes in his brand. And, I know there are those that will tell you there is no difference between Hunts and Heinz. None of it matters to me...I buy what I like, not what is on sale.
Now that JB and I are on our big "get ready for two beach vacations in the next five months" diet, my grocery shopping has gone to a whole new level. In an effort to keep from eating cardboard make our cardboard taste better, we're putting more emphasis on ingredients. We are basically eating a very low calorie diet, no sugar, low carb, low fat, no dairy, no oil...basically fresh fruit, fresh veg, and fish/meat. I can honestly say, the first few days were killers but I think once you get the carbs and sugar out of your system, you don't crave them as much as and it gets easier. We've in the zone and doing great!! I'm down 20 and JB is down 13. Woo Hoo!
We've come to question some of our traditional thoughts about food and have discovered some new things we really love. I mean...really, really love!
Here's my new, most favorite discovery:
These are the best tomatoes...EVER! I've eaten marinara at every meal for the last 4 days!!! Unbelievable! Now, they are slightly more pricey than your basic canned tomatoes, but completely worth it in my opinion. So good in fact, that I can not envision ever buying another kind/brand...EVER.
Now, having said all that, if you are "one of those people" who believe that Mayonnaise and Miracle Whip are the same thing.....please, just disregard this whole post. You and I will never see eye to eye on anything, but you are welcome to come back tomorrow for no talk about food and cute pictures of my boy. ;-)



20 pounds is AWESOME!!
ReplyDeleteI wish my body would drop weight that quickly.
I have my favorites too. I'm picky about my Ranch Dressing & Mustard. I'm a MAYO girl too. You'll find no sandwich spread or Miracle Whip in my house. I'm funny about bread...no knock off store brands. I'm a Mrs. Bairds girl. Ice Cream: Only Blue Bell or Schwans. There are more, but I won't list them all! :) Just so you know, you're not alone!!! BTW, 20 pounds is AWESOME!!!
ReplyDelete